A New Hangout

Luke left the house before I even got out of bed this morning. His golf instructor picked him up, and they went to Natanis for 18 holes. Luke got home around 1:30 and asked me to take him to the country club for one more round of golf. Today, though, he wanted to be dropped off on the back nine, instead of at the clubhouse. Doing so left me heading in the wrong direction. I continued straight, figuring I'd turn right at the antiques shop, but I had my camera and decided to turn at the cottages near the lake. I had never been down that road. I got home about an hour-and-a-half later, after: standing in the rain to photograph a grey heron and trying in vain to capture (in pixels) any one of the many fish jumping out of the water about 20 feet from where I stood — I caught a splash or two; taking some shots of a cemetery I had never seen; and driving on past the house because, just as I got home, Luke called my cell phone, saying he didn't feel like playing in a downpour today.

Photos taken 10/10/12

Comments

Popular Posts