The Elbow



I was paying for my groceries when Dennis called to tell me that we'd likely have to take Stella to the emergency room, because Sam might have broken her arm. She couldn't move it when I got home and called the nurse line. I was hoping to avoid a trip to the hospital, but we had to go. Thankfully, the visit went smoothly. It turned out that Sam had dislocated Stella's elbow when he was dancing with her, but by the time we talked the doctor, the problem had resolved itself. (It's called nursemaid's elbow, and Luke experienced it at six months — he was standing in my lap while I held his hands; when his knees buckled, his elbow came undone, so to speak.) When the doctor asked for the back story, Stella explained (pointing to me): "Her ten-year-old son was dancing on the rug. Then he pulled my arm and hurt it." If nothing else, Stella got a bracelet she likes, even though it doesn't really match her nail polish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Expensive bracelet huh? I never heard of that but much better then a broken arm!

Popular Posts