Prayers for a Special Soul

Today, I prayed the Rosary for my friends Anne and Linda, for their family (including their lovely mom), and for the repose of the soul of their dad. He died yesterday, and he will be missed something fierce by many, many people, for he was one of the sweetest and most thoughtful men the world has known. I'll miss seeing his name in my inbox, reading his sweet notes and looking forward to the elaborate electronic cards he sent on my birthday, Valentine's Day and Easter. Mr. Freeman was a special part of my childhood, and I'll never forget all the weekends at the Freeman camp; the week-long trip to Castine, where Anne and I felt so grownup, staying in the Maine Maritime Academy dorm; his silly jokes, and his many small, thoughtful gestures.

Photo taken 6/16/13

Comments

GraceGal said…
Beautiful photo and tribute!

Popular Posts