A New Area of Study

I tend to compartmentalize my life (as witnessed by the quantity of blogs I have). "Mostly Commonplace, Mostly Literary" is one of those blogs. It's the spot in cyberspace where I keep track of my intellectual life (so to speak). It includes lists of books I've read, thoughts on some of them, poems I want to share with others, entries from my commonplace book, stories and essays I've written, and notes on subjects I'm studying. Today, I started reading Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell in anticipation of embarking on the subject with Luke and Bridget. My notes on chapter one can be found at "Mostly Commonplace; Mostly Literary."

Photo taken 4/2/13

Comments

Unknown said…
That's impressive! How do you manage to find time for everything?
Cheryl Ruffing said…
Short answer: I don't watch TV.

Long answer: I believe that mentoring and classics are the best way to teach. I can't expect my kids to want to learn, if I don't. What's more, since I want them to devote time to what they're passionate about, I let them see me devoting time to my passions: my family, my books, my photography, my art.

Oh, and I'm great at starting, but not terribly consistent about finishing. : }

Popular Posts