Octocurler

Yes, this evil looking machine resides at my house. If you want to know why, you can find out here. Here's why I'm featuring it today: I've been on a clearing-out/reorganizing-my-past kick as of late, and today I came across a letter I wrote to Mom and Dad shortly after moving to Denver. It was a card actually, the one you see clipped to the "octocurler" (actually a permanent wave machine, if I'm not mistaken — Supreme Model M by Eugène, Ltd.), featuring a brave young soul getting her hair curled by just such a contraption. To read more about my recent fascination with the past (and, Amber, to see the scrapbook page featuring the pink espresso machine), please check out Ruff Edge Design.

Photo taken 2/13/13

Comments

GraceGal said…
Oh can you imagine?!
Unknown said…
My word, there is something about that contraption that is so beautiful. Does that sound weird?:) As soon as I saw your post, I just loved it. & I love the story. Thanks for making it so easy to link to your scrapbook page:) LOVE IT!!
Cheryl Ruffing said…
You like the contraption? Want it? I have two other machines that go with it. You can see them here: http://www.sienafallsmedia.com/callandresponse/notion/ I really don't know what to do with them, (but I'm open to suggestions and offers). : )

Popular Posts