Timmbbberrr!

I almost never sleep through the night. Stella and Jack, and sometimes Caddie, make sure of that. On Sunday, whenever I awoke, I heard the rain pounding the house and the wind roaring. At one point, I awoke to some sort of crashing sound, and I soon drifted off, wondering, "What could that have been?" I got my answer when I got out of bed in the morning and pushed up the shade. Sometime in the night, a birch tree and the backyard fence met on unfriendly terms. Later in the day, Jack went outside to survey the damage.

Photos taken 4/23/12

Comments

Anonymous said…
You've now joined the "Oh Crap, What Happened to My Fence" club. I am a card-holding member.
Cheryl Ruffing said…
Really? What happened to your fence?
Anonymous said…
The door came off and two panels fell off the side the same weekend that our basement flooded. That was a year ago. We've had the basement fixed, but not put back together in a pretty way yet. Alas, the fence is still broken.
Cheryl Ruffing said…
We're hoping to start ripping out the mold room so Greg can put it back together later this summer. Sigh ...

Does anything ever get finished?
Anonymous said…
House stuff is never "done", I'm afraid to say!

Popular Posts