Would You Like a Glass of Wormwood?

There are evenings when I flip back and forth through poetry books, frantically searching for something that will work with a photo I'd taken earlier in the day. At other times, I read through poetry books in the afternoon and find a verse that makes me think, "That's it; I know exactly what I'll do." Today was the latter sort of day. I dug out the white tablecloth, the fancy plates, good silver, crystal glasses, linen napkin and candle. I then crumbled some crackers on a plate, poured cold tomato soup into a bowl and smeared it around with a spoon, lit the candle poured a glass of wine, and glass of water. Then, of course, I added green ink to the glass of water. Wormwood, any one?

To read the poem that inspired these machinations, click here.

Photo taken 2/27/12

Comments

Popular Posts