Not Very Far







Most of you know about my mom's apple pies and my dad's way of evaluating them. Mom made incredible apple pies, but no matter how good they were, they had to compete with Dad's memory of his Aunt Eleanor's apple pie. Aunt Eleanor lived in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Whenever Mom made apple pie, Dad would let her know how good it was by picking a destination somewhere between Millinocket and Antigonish: the closer to Antigonish the better.

I made an apple pie today. Dennis and I were in complete agreement about its merits. It barely got across Millinocket Stream (that'd be about 2/10 of a mile towards Antigonish), but the kids liked it.

Photos taken 9/10/11

Comments

Anne said…
Ha ha! That's awesome. I'd never heard that story of your Mom and Dad! :)
Dennis said…
The crust, however, was easily into New Brunswick.

Popular Posts