Seventeen Years





It's a good thing I love my husband (and it's equally good that he loves me). Today is our seventeenth anniversary. I have a rib roast in the oven for dinner, and we'll open a bottle of wine. That's the extent to which we'll celebrate the occasion. Neither one of us is complaining, though. It's been a slow, lazy day. I spent much of it on the computer. Dennis and Henry worked on the Flying V they're building together, and Dennis and Luke are now building golf clubs. To some, it may seem like we take each other for granted. I think it's more that we're secure enough to realize that time spent alone or time spent with the kids can be as important to a good marriage as time spent together. I didn't even complain too much about the dust coating the counters when Dennis sanded the guitar in the kitchen. (It's warmer here than in the garage, he said.) We've come a long way in seventeen years.

Photos taken 1/29/11

Comments

Sis said…
Quiet celebrations with the
love of your life are the most
special. Happy Anniversary!
Bridget said…
Happy anniversary Mom & Dad!

Love you,

Bridget
Anne said…
Wow. Seventeen years. It doesn't seem possible! Happy Anniversary!

Popular Posts