A Decade Already





Henry turned ten years old today. He's been talking about his birthday for weeks, was fairly bubbling yesterday, and couldn't wait for me to wish him a Happy Birthday this morning. I was afraid he'd be disappointed with his gift (a bb gun), wish for a big party, or think it unfair that he had to share his "party" with me.

My fears were unfounded. Henry is a sweetheart. He always thinks of others, generously shares his time and toys with his siblings, and gets along with kids of all ages. Whenever we're with other families, someone invariably pulls me aside and says something like, "Cheryl, all of your kids are great, but Henry is something special."

I smile, nod, and say, "I know."

Photos, taken by Dennis, 1/16/11

Comments

Dennis said…
Henry is a great friend to have. He will find the world to be a very interesting place throughout his life.
Anne said…
Happy Birthday Henry! I keep forgetting that he is just one year younger than Paul. I forget they both age. :)

Popular Posts