My Moral Dilemma

Yesterday evening, Dennis, Stella, Luke and I started up the driveway for our daily walk down the road.  A cat emerged from the woods across the street and started meowing.  When we returned from our walk, the cat followed us into the yard and meowed from the flower bed in front of the house.  This morning, it was meowing from the back porch.  Against the advice of a friend (who recently adopted a kitten she found outside her house), I fed the cat.  Now what do I do?

Photos taken 8/9/10

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like you have yourself a new addition. I've heard that once you feed a cat, they'll keep coming around (I've never had a cat, so I'm going on hearsay). Cute little guy... have you chosen a name?
Cheryl Ruffing said…
Not so fast, Jennie. I know that I broke the cardinal rule by feeding Fuzzy, but I called the Animal Control Officer today, and he's supposed to be by tomorrow. I have thought about keeping the cute little guy, but then reason comes to the fore.
Anonymous said…
Good call Cheryl. Does it look like he belongs to someone (tags, collar etc..)? Not that I want a cat, mind you. Matt would not be happy about that (allergic). Hopefully he'll reconnect with his owners, or get a new one.
Cheryl Ruffing said…
My sister thinks the cat is a girl, since it's a tortoise shell cat, and, according to her, most "torties" are female. She's very sweet, but I've been careful not to let her in the house or pet her. In a moment of temporary insanity, I made a vet appt. to have her checked out and shots administered, etc. When Jack peed on the living room carpet, however, I came to my senses, canceled the appt., and called the Animal Control Officer again. He says he MIGHT be able to come get Fuzzy today. I guess he'll take Fuzzy to the Humane Society, where she will either be reunited with her family or adopted (I hope).

Popular Posts