Birthday Girl

Since today is my birthday, I'm posting photos from my childhood. This is my sister, Maureen, and me on the first day of school. Of course, neither one of us was going to school, but our brother, Tom, was. It was September of 1970, so Maureen was nearly four years old. I was cruising towards three.
In the this photo, from 1971, Maureen and I are hanging out with our "big dolls." Hers was Cindy; mine was Cathy. Both were named after our beautiful, teenage neighbors down the street.
Here are the three of us, in 1971. Maureen and Tom had been elected Queen and King of the Playground. Not only did they get crowns, sashes and trophies, they got to be part of the town parade, riding down main street in a GTO convertible. Of course, I was jealous.

Comments

Dennis said…
You look mighty cute in that skirt!

Happy birthday. It's amazing to me that we've been part of each other's lives for more than twenty years- half of our lives has been spent together. I'm shooting for 80% of our lives together and more.

I love you,

Dennis

Popular Posts